Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Talk #1: Preparing to Say Goodbye to His Paci

Tonight we told Joshua that in two more days paci will be gone gone. No more paci. He said, "Ba Ba...uhhhh!!! Translation: Paci. Don't talk about my paci. Don't say such things. (At least that's what I understood.)

We have this going for us: normally he doesn't get his paci until lights are out and he is in his crib. Otherwise, he usually doesn't mentions "ba ba" unless he finds one around the house that I failed to put away. He's as happy as can be without it. So maybe, just maybe, he will be minimally upset about his first night (and nap) without it.

I won't have such a hard time if he asks for it and I just say "Paci is gone gone." I'm going to have a hard time if he cries for it. But as mentioned in the previous post, we think it's the right thing to do. We really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment