Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Remembering the Difference Between Chaos and Mystery

I wait and wait and battle feelings of strong anticipation as I want to hop on a plane right now and bring home our child. Unknowns can feel chaotic. This adoption journey is working itself out in my greater sanctifying life journey and I'm learning so many new lessons. Lessons about quietness, rest, trust, and peace. He has given me what I need to battle those "hurry-up" feelings.

While I want a tidy timeline, adoption events are entirely tentative. The Holy Spirit speaks to my heart though, reminding me that though I don't know how anything will work out, this is not a chaotic journey for me. It's a mystery that will be revealed in due time. In fact, all of life is like that really. Adoption is teaching me to rest in, believe, and obey His Spirit in the middle of the mystery. That is faith, I guess. I read this today on Desiring God Blog:

You Can Take Heart

Jesus does not want us to be governed by fear at such times. (times of uncertainty) He wants us governed by faith. The reason is that the uncertainty is only apparent uncertainty. Our future and our provision and our ultimate triumph are certain to God. He has all the foreknowledge, power, resources, and desire to turn everything for good for those who love him and are called by him (Romans 8:28).
Apparently uncertain seasons are usually the most powerful God-moments we experience. They often put God on display more than other seasons, demonstrating that God exists and rewards those who seek him (Hebrews 11:6).
So if you are in one of those seasons, take heart. You are likely experiencing what it means to have a God “who acts for those who wait for him” (Isaiah 64:4).
 

I think for one of the first times in my life, I've received the grace to wait (for the most part). Thank You, Lord, and I pray for the grace to continue.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment