Saturday, August 10, 2013

Let's Make It a Date

Nathan works weekend relief shifts for the animal emergency clinic on the south side every now and then. A few months ago he decided to only take Saturday shifts if possible so that he has Sunday afternoons with us. While Sunday shifts don't interfere with church, it takes away special time at home. That said, sometimes they get into a bind and need someone, and this weekend is one of those sometimes. We're REALLY not complaining. Really! What a good way to make supplemental income.

I love staying at home! I mean it. I absolutely love it. But on weekends when Nathan works, I confess I tend to get stir crazy for several reasons. It's just Joshua and me at home for 48 hours without any interaction with the world around us. Most people are spending time with their families so it's not a good time to get together with other moms. So yesterday, when we discussed Nathan taking the shifts I confess I was mentally preparing myself for Saturday to be a long day. Then I realized how wasteful my attitude was.

I realized I have the opportunity to hang out with one of the most special people in my life and a host of activities that we could do together. So this morning I packed a snack and water bottle and little guy and I headed to Ashley Park (Outdoor Shopping Mall).

It's the hottest time of year, so playing outdoors all day was out of the question, but a morning in the toddler section of Monkey Joe's...perfect!

 
 
 
 
$6.00...not bad for something fun to do.
 

 
They have toddler games and toddler jumpies!
 





 




 


 



 

 



 

 


 



 




 

 


 
I did take him down a big slide once.
 
 
We found out we could meet Nathan for lunch during his break, so we hung out at Barnes & Noble until time to eat. We were just in time for a story and some "Wheels on the Bus."
 
 
Eating with Daddy...sharing a milkshake...
 
 
Hopefully he'll take a good nap, now and I can hang out with this little girl on the sofa.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment