Monday, August 19, 2013

Saturday Afternoon Shopping

Every now and then it just feels good to get out and do something (anything) as a family. We've had rain for the past week which has been much needed and nice. By Saturday afternoon, however, I was aching to get out and do something just the three of us. Joshua and I had been out together plenty, but we missed Nathan.

So when Nathan got home from work Saturday at lunch time, we decided to go shopping. We waited until after Joshua's nap then left for Locust Grove. It took us about 45 minutes to get there. Joshua was content during the ride right up until the last five minutes. Then he'd had enough and he let us know with no uncertain terms.

I can't exactly explain why, but this little shopping trip was energizing for me. Well, I do know why. I love shopping. And it's just fun to do stuff together. So, we stopped first at Horsetown. Western Outlets are fun because they usually have a toy section and baby clothes (I love to look at baby clothes...always have). The Tanger Outlets are LESS than a mile away from Horsetown, so of course this was our second stop. I got to look around in all of my favorite kid's stores: Oshkosh, Gymboree, Carters, Polo. I was very impressed with their prices. At least last Saturday, the prices were outlet prices for the most part.

We ate at Denny's. It was a much better restaurant experience than our last time eating out. I think this is because Joshua really likes breakfast foods, so he had plenty to eat. He just ate off of our plates (sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, hash browns, blueberry pancakes...who wouldn't like that?).


So when it's raining outside, and Nathan and I are together, there's nothing like letting Jman loose so he can get some exercise and explore.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment