Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Alabama State Seals: Check!! (Day in Montgomery and Weekend in Tallassee)

 
Friday I was able to get our birth certificates and marriage certificate State sealed in Montgomery. It was a beautiful day to spend downtown.
 
 



Nathan attended CE in Kansas City this year, so I stayed with my parents while he was out of town. My parents watched Joshua while I was in Montgomery. They took him to Dairy Queen. My grandmother (Mamaw) also joined them.


I'm anxious at this point to hear from Bethany. I so ready for it to be confirmed that these packages arrived safely!!!!!! This is our dossier!!!!!
 


Joshua and I spent our morning at the playground at my parents church. They have the cutest equipment, but as you can see, Joshua's favorite game was climbing in and out of this chair.
This expression currently is one of my favorites. It's his "I did it." expression. :)


Later that morning I got my teeth cleaned, and Joshua sat in my lap and played. Of course he was a BIG fan of the dentist (Papa)! ;) 


 
  Monday afternoon we left for the airport. Joshua HATES riding in the car, and cried almost the entire ride. We made it fine, though, and once he was in the airport he once again had a blast. Let me tell you something about this little guy: he loves adventure. He loves to see new places and enjoys meeting new people. We strolled around the airport and ate supper together. There's something about the airport that makes me want Atlanta Bread. Nathan's plane landed, so I let Joshua out of the stroller to wait for his daddy. This proved to be quite the workout for me, but it was worth it. Joshua was laughing and so excited. I pushed the stroller with one hand, and held his hand with the other. As long as we were moving fast he was happy. Holding my hand just for the sake of holding hands is a new thing for him anyway. He will come up to me at home and want to hold my hand and walk into another room even though he's walking (running) perfectly well on his own.

After the three of us reunited, we decided to hang out at the airport and let Joshua get some exercise before trying to take him home. The food court area practically was empty. We let him run and pretty much chased him around the open room. Nathan had a good conversation with an 18-year-old young man who was on his way to basic training. He had just joined the army. Before leaving the airport we all walked to the top of the parking deck so we could watch the planes landing and taking off (you can kind of see this) and watch the train. I don't have to tell you, Joshua was amazed. When I was a child, I remember getting to walk to the terminals even if you weren't flying and watch the planes pull up the building through the huge windows. I'm not complaining about good security, but it's of course not that open anymore.


These two were very excited to be together again. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment