Friday, January 6, 2012

Racing through 2012!?!?

Finally, our Christmas decorations are put away until next Season. I have list upon list of things to do in the coming months. All of my aspirations of posting videos from Christmas 2011 as well as pictures have...disappeared. Sorry. I just can't keep up with my own outlandish goals. Maybe I'll post these videos later. There's nothing like the Thompson family singing "The Twelve Days of Christmas" in February or March right? For all of the Thompsons reading this...you're probably glad that I never got around to that idea ;)

I've made some January 6th resolutions...running a little late.
  • To pray for discernment over my words. I'm sensing God working in this area of my life and know that He cares how I use words. Listening to and participating in gossip and/or complaining about others is a habit that God does not appreciate. He gives us pretty clear teaching on how to handle conflict. Lord, please help me! 
    • "If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. if he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses'..." Matthew 18:15-16...the instructions continue but I won't quote it here.
    • "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be." -James 3:9-10
  • To pray for a group of women to study God's Word together. (A group to join or start...to follow God's leading)
  • To re-organize some part of our house at least once a week to get ready for Baby T.
  • To do some form of excercise at least several times a week.  
  • To continue to save for adoption.
    • We hope to have a Scottsboro yard sale in the Spring thanks to Nathan's grandmother and mom and to all who have and are still donating items...a.k.a. my mom and aunts ;) I have much to sort, price, and deliver to Scottsboro. Please pray for the yard sale...for God to be glorified...and for His will to be done.
    • Praise the Lord...we are 1/5 of the way in adoption funding!
  • To learn how to use the electronic devices given to us by our parents...new pictures from a new camera should be coming soon.
I have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday. I'm in my 15th week. We'll find out Baby's gender in February...hopefully early February!

2 comments:

  1. I get so excited when I see that you have posted. And that James verse about our speech is so convicting!! I will gather some stuff to send for the yard sale--it's a great excuse to get rid of stuff that I do not need!! Could I send it with you, or will you be too loaded down. We can talk before then;) I am praying with you that God will lead you to a women's group!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laura Beth!!! We greatly appreciate any items that you would like to donate for the adoption yard sale! We'll work out a way to get it to Scottsboro.

    And thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete